Medeterranean Shipping Company is an international shipping and logistics company with a global service area currently covering 155 countries and actively facilitating trade between major economies of the world. Calling at 500 ports on 200 trade routes, MSC annually carries 21 million TEU around the world. MSC was founded in 1970 and established a headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1978. Starting as a simple one-vessel operation, MSC grew to a respectable 520 vessels with more than 70,000 staff today. Over time, MSC has diversified to include overland transportation, logistics services, and has a growing portfolio of port terminal investments. MSC also has established relationships with an integrated network of sea, rail, and road transportation resources to ensure customer product gets to its destination safely and in a timely manner. With this network, MSC prides itself on delivering global service while possessing specialized local knowledge.
Today MSC has a large network of 493 offices and ensures that shippers can have direct contact with representatives as needed, along with a variety of e-business solutions offering digitalized cargo bookings.
MSC has been a driving force behind the development of smart containers and behind setting the standards for digital shipping all while also running a modern fleet with all the latest green technologies.
Remaining true to their origins, MSC continues to maintain total dedication to building trust and long-term relationships with customers of all sizes.
MSC Services Offered
- Cargo Trailers: Including (but not limited to): Rigid, Flatbed, Tipper, Low Loader, Container-lift, and Genset Trailers.
- Cross Trading: MSC has a dedicated team of specialists with experience in all areas of cross trades to assist shippers in moving their products between origin and destination countries where the products will not be entering the country that the shipper is based in.
- Customs Clearance: MSC possesses extensive knowledge in global customs clearance procedures to save shippers time and money.
- Dry Cargo: Shipment of any containerized cargo including hazardous, food-grade, rare, and precious cargo.
- Intermodal Transportation and Haulage Solutions: Services and solutions combining transport by rail, road or barge to get cargo inland.
- Ports, Terminals, and Depots: A strategically developed network to maximize customer choice and supply chain efficiency.
- Project Cargo: Global breakbulk, out-of-gauge, and oversized cargo transportation.
- Reefer Cargo: MSC offers unrivaled customer care and expertise in refrigerated cargo service.
- Technology Solutions: Digital services from eBusiness solutions, with a digital dashboard and real-time cargo tracking solutions, to smart containers that provide real-time container data and show the conditions of the cargo en route.
- Trade Services: MSC’s Trade Managers offer in-depth knowledge of market-specific, local advice for factors affecting cargo in transit.
- Warehousing and Storage Solutions: MSC offers a global network of warehouses to provide customers with improved speed, efficiency, and flexibility for their supply chains.
MSC Company Accreditations and Affiliations
- Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS)
- International Air and Shipping Association (IASA)
- The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- The Federation of National Associations of Ship Brokers and Agents (FONASBA)
Official website: https://www.msc.com/
Matt is a veteran of the moving industry, a recognized moving expert and is the founder of Mover Focus. Matt holds a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) majoring in Finance and Marketing and Bachelor of Arts (BA) majoring in Economics and History. He also has completed the EiM (Essentials in International Moving) course from the FIDI Academy. His advice has been featured in Reader’s Digest, Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, Business News Daily and The SpareFoot Blog Go. Read more.