Pacific International Lines (PIL) was established in 1967 and has grown from a coastal owner/operator transportation company to one of the largest ship-owners in Southeast Asia. PIL focuses its transportation efforts in Asia-Africa and Middle East transportation. Ranked 10th among the top containership operators in the world, PIL is proud to offer container-liner and multi-purpose services at over 500 locations in over 100 countries. PIL has over 18,000 employees and 160 vessels and is currently operating Container Liner Services from the entirety of the Far East to Africa, Australia, Latin America, Canada, Europe, the Indian sub-continent, Red Sea/Gulf, New Zealand and the West Coast of the USA.
PIL has diversified into other logistics-related services including warehousing, multi-modal services, consolidation/distribution facilities, and overall supply chain management services. PIL has also invested in 11 container manufacturing facilities in China through Singamas. PIL was also a founding partner in the establishment of Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Marine Services Co Ltd (DSIMS) in 2009. In 2011, DSIMS expanded to include Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Ship Recycling Co Ltd (DSISR).
With Environmental impacts being at the forefront of many international shipping companies, PIL has minimized their impact on the environment by adopting several improvements to their vessels including slow steaming, modification of bulbous bow, trim optimization, hull cleaning and propellers polishing and 24 hours real-time monitoring of vessels of minimize fuel consumption at sea. Most recently in August 2019, PIL received Environmental Ship Index (ESI) certification for its fleet indicating that their emission level of Nitrogen Oxide, Sulphur Oxide and Carbon Dioxide is well below what is allowed by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
Pacific International Lines Services Offered
- Multi-Purpose Services: Break-bulk services are offered from Far East to Africa and tramping services are offered to/from South East Asia ports. All ships are equipped with heavy lift cranes to be able to service any port.
- PIL Logistics Services: PIL Logistics, a subsidiary of PIL Group, is a lead logistics provider dedicated to helping companies succeed in their move into emerging markets within China and South East Asia.
- General Purpose and High Cube Containers: PIL offers 20′ steel general purpose containers, 40′ steel general purpose containers or 40′ Hi-Cube general purpose containers.
- Reefer Cargo: PIL offers 20′ and 40′ refrigerated cargo containers.
- Open Top Containers: PIL offers open-top containers of the following dimensions: 20′ x 8′ x 9’6”, 20′ x 8′ x 8’6” and 40′ x 8′ x 8’6”
- Flat Rack Containers: PIL offers flat rack containers of the following dimensions: 20′ x 8′ x 8’6” and 40′ x 8′ x 8’6”
- Special Cargo: All cargo that is defined as overweight or over-sized and cannot be fitted into a standard shipping container.
- Dangerous Cargo: From manufactured products like consumer electronics to perishable goods for human consumption to industrial chemicals and raw materials. PIL’s dedicated team at the Dangerous Goods Desk will monitor and manage these shipments with the utmost care.
Pacific International Lines Affiliations and Accreditations
- International Safety Management (ISM)
- International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS)
Official website: https://www.pilship.com/
Matt is a veteran of the moving industry, a recognized moving expert and is the founder of Mover Focus. Matt holds a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) majoring in Finance and Marketing and Bachelor of Arts (BA) majoring in Economics and History. He also has completed the EiM (Essentials in International Moving) course from the FIDI Academy. His advice has been featured in Reader’s Digest, Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, Business News Daily and The SpareFoot Blog Go. Read more.