Wan Hai Lines is a full-container vessel shipping company based in Taipei, Taiwan. Established as a log transportation company in 1965, Wan Hai currently is one of the largest cargo and freight shippers in the marine transportation industry. The company’s growth is a direct result of increased demand for international container shipping services and international trade area expansions in the Asia-Pacific. Wan Hai is the only carrier that lists exclusive shipping terminals in the northern, southern and central areas of Taiwan. This infrastructure affords Wan Hai the most intensive and comprehensive service network available in Asia. Wan Hai has recently expanded its Asia shipping network services to South America, United States, Africa, and the Middle East. With an estimated 4000 employees and over 30 years of shipping experience, Wan Hai continues its “We Carry, We Care” pursuit to enhance operational capability by creating alliances with other carriers, streamlining workflow and upgrading strategic information systems.
Services offered by Wan Wai include:
- Container shipping routes services
- Shipping agent services
- Ship and container trading
- Port container terminal operations
- Ship and container rentals
Notable accreditations and affiliations at Wan Wai:
- Recipient of the Occupational Safety & Health Policy and Certification (OHSAS 18001).
- Wan Hai was accredited by DNV (Det Norske Veritas) with the ISO 14001:2004 environmental management system in 2005.
- In 2009, out of 150 carriers that participated in the voluntary Green Flag Incentive Program sponsored by the Port of Long Beach, Wan Hai was the only Taiwan carrier to receive the award with 100% compliance.
- In 2017, Han Wai was awarded “Badge of Accredited Healthy Workplace” by the Health Promotion Administration (HPA), Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Received “Sports Company Certification” from the Sports Administration of the Ministry of Education in 2018.
- Reduced carbon footprint by 107 tons by eliminating overuse of paper, water and electricity.
In 2015, based on operating margins, Wan Hai became the world’s most profitable container line in profits passing competitor Maersk Line. In 2019 the company also won the “Hall of Fame-Container Shipping Line of The Year India-Far East Trade Lane” award at the Maritime and Logistics Awards (MALA) hosted in Mumbai, India. This marks the eighth time Wan Hai has received this recognition from MALA. Some criteria for the award consists of:
- Annual growth
- Regional shipping volume
- Detailed documentation of shipping procedures
- High customer satisfaction rating
- Scheduling efficiency
In scheduling reliability, Wan Hai achieved a number one ranking in 2016 and 2017 and also launched their “Far East – Red Sea (AR1) Service” in 2018. This line provides direct shipping services from the Far East to Red Sea area. Port rotation for this service: Pusan – Shanghai – Ningbo – Shekou – Singapore – Port Klang – Jeddah – Sokhna – Aqaba – Jeddah – Singapore – Ningbo – Pusan
With an operational fleet of 72 company-owned vessels and 24 chartered ships, Wai Hai Lines has ordered an additional 20 container vessels to bolster operational capacity to meet or exceed client demand.
Matt is a veteran of the moving industry, a recognized moving expert and is the founder of MoverFocus. Matt holds a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) majoring in Finance and Marketing and Bachelor of Arts (BA) majoring in Economics and History. He also has completed the EiM (Essentials in International Moving) course from the FIDI Academy. His advice has been featured in Reader’s Digest, Yahoo Finance, MSN Money, Business News Daily and The SpareFoot Blog Go. Read more.